Chocolate, bubbles, candles, and even butter spreaders… the list doesn’t stop there! Way too often, couples spend tons of cash on wedding favors that are either eaten on the spot or stashed in a drawer. We would like to introduce to you “The Swag Bag.” Filled with useful and fun accoutrements, this welcome bag can include a variety of items to make your guests feel right at home as they travel for your big day! Here are some of our favorite wedding swag bag ideas!
Start simple… select your carrier.
- To stay basic and budget-friendly, go with a kraft paper gift bag. Each bag is less than $0.10 when bought in bulk. You can add ribbon, custom calligraphy, or a fun label to go with your wedding theme.
- Keep it Green with a reusable tote! A bit pricier at $3 a tote, guests can reuse so it’s worth the fee. Go wild on Etsy with custom printed totes for around $6 a tote.
- Above and beyond… enter the wooden box! This small token will surely wow your guests. Wrapped in a silk bow, it is the perfect sentiment for your friends and family. These little guys start at $7 a box.
Now… let’s fill it with awesome goodies!
- Stay hydrated! Your guests are just arriving from a long day of travel. Bottled water is key (or a sports drink for an extra boost!) If you want to upgrade, pack a mini bottle of champagne!
- Snack attack! Light treats are perfect for guests staying in a hotel. From an apple to peanut butter crackers, a small assortment will save them from getting ‘hangry.’
- Get minty! This is for the wedding day. Mints and gum are lifesavers for guests to slip in their pockets… or beautifully beaded clutch.
- Custom touch! Incorporate maps and trinkets from your hometown so guests learn a little more about the bride & groom. Popcorn from your first movie date. Your favorite candy bars. The latest issue of your city’s tourist magazine.
- Where to go and what to do! Add a weekend itinerary for your guests. Not only should you include the ceremony and reception times/locations, but guests will appreciate a list of local museums, coffee shops, and things to do around the city!
Two Hello Couple Swag bags!
Jessica & Phil – J&P’s guest list was made up of mostly out-of-towners. Introducing everyone to The Burgh, they included a postcard of their fine city as well as the native language… ‘Pittsburgh-ese. They also included the famous Clark Bar, apples and oranges for breakfast, and a bottle of bubbly!
Lauren & Reid – To show off their Harvard pride, L&R included #crimwin koozies, Capecod Chips and personalized bottle openers. The groom, from Texas, incorporated his favorite Lonestar brew while the Burgh bride added a mini Smiley Cookie from Pittsburgh’s own Eat’n Park. Guests loved the goodies, which were all wrapped up in a custom calligraphy gift bag!
Your guests will thank you for welcoming them with such wonderful goodies to enjoy. Swag Bags range from $8-20 per bag. Whether you keep it basic or go above and beyond, it is a great touch that will always be appreciated.