Having welcome bags for your out-of-town guests is always a nice treat. You can decide to have them for just those coming from out of town, or you can decide to make them up for all your guests staying the night. Not only do welcome bags make guests feel special at your event, but they often provide necessary items and information for the weekend!
We have some fun ideas below for your welcome bags, but here are a few things we think every welcome bag should include:
- Welcome note
- Schedule of events for the weekend/wedding day
- Local maps and activity brochures
- Bottled water
Now for the fun part – you can customize your welcome bags to match the personality of your and your groom, the wedding destination or both! Here are several ideas to get your creative side flowing:
Now for a few Pittsburgh-themed ideas!
- Delicious Favors of Popcorn, like Chocolate Caramel and Peanut Butter & Chocolate Kettle, from The Pittsburgh Popcorn Company (http://pghpopcorn.com/).
- Heinz Ketchup or Pickle Ornaments from the Heinz History Center (http://www.heinzhistorycenter.org).
- Tri Black Tee from 412 (http://shop.shopfouronetwo.com/).
- Walking maps and shop/restaurant guide to Pittsburgh’s Strip District (http://www.neighborsinthestrip.com/).
- Clark Bars (http://www.bestbulkcandy.com/clark-bar.html).
- Mini Jars of Heinz Ketchup and Mustard with Custom Labels from My Heinz (http://www.myheinz.com).
- “Idea of Waiting” Chocolate Bars from the Andy Warhol Museum (http://www.warholstore.com).
- Vodka Pasta Sauce from Penn Mac (http://www.pennmac.com).
- Pittsburgh Penguins Golf Ball from The Pittsburgh Fan (http://www.thepittsburghfan.com/).
- Steelers Bottle Jersey Cooler from My Favorite City (http://www.myfavoritecity.com/stboje.html).
- Official Steelers Terrible Towel from The Pittsburgh Fan (http://www.thepittsburghfan.com/).
For even more ideas, check out this list of 100 things to include in a Welcome Bag from Pittsburgh Bride Talk.
Need help coordinating your welcome bags (among other things) for your wedding? Give Hello Productions a call (412-298-7333) or Request a Quote!